Winners of the second annual Building a Higher Standard awards, a prestigious honor recognizing the brand’s best-in-class, independent dealers from across the country, were officially announced on Monday, September 9. Selected from a field of highly competitive and deserving nominees, the four 2019 Building a Higher Standard winners exemplify the brand’s core values of integrity, generous community involvement, teamwork, and a commitment to continuous improvement in the pursuit of excellence.
The 2019 winners are:
- B&W Plumbing Heating & AC Co., Inc. Speedway, Indiana
- Classic Heating & Air, McKinney, Texas
- Hospitality Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc. Rock Hill, South Carolina
- Keith Lawson Services, LLC, Tallahassee, Florida
Each of the four distinguished dealers displays an incredible work ethic that goes beyond the sale: establishing meaningful relationships with customers, providing an unparalleled buying experience, supporting its community, and creating a positive work environment for its employees.
“We are extremely proud and honored to celebrate these dealers who selflessly showcase an unwavering commitment to quality service and community stewardship,” said Kathryn Wildrick, brand manager for American Standard. “The American Standard brand is deeply rooted in delivering real value to our customers, not only by providing them with industry-leading products, but also by partnering with them to do the right thing by homeowners who rely on them to stay comfortable. That is why we take pride in our independent dealers who personify our core values and go above and beyond each day to build a higher standard.”
The 2019 Building a Higher Standard winners were selected through a blind panel. Those serving on the panel included American Standard leaders and the four 2018 award winners. Each of these four incredible partners was chosen for providing outstanding work and service, supporting their communities, and living the brand values:
- B&W Plumbing & Heating has been an HVAC industry icon in Speedway, Indiana, for nearly 60 years. Owned by Beth Rovazzini, Dave Mejean, and Chris Ambrose, B&W has taken a “pay it forward” approach to growing and maintaining the business by investing in the people behind it. B&W acted proactively to a forecasted skilled labor shortage by working hand-in-hand at the local high school level to provide training and establish a robust pipeline of future HVAC specialists. In addition, they support school projects that teach all aspects of homebuilding—including HVAC installation—through the construction of affordable housing. Once part of the B&W team, new employees benefit from the owners’ passion for finding and developing each team member’s individual talents.
- Classic Heating & Air in McKinney, Texas, was created by brothers Seth and Dane McGinnis and founded on family values, determination, faith, and hard work. They let their moral compass guide everything they do. The brothers intentionally put their employees, and their employees’ families, at the forefront of every business decision. For example, their entire team is salaried to assure a steady income and avoid fluctuating paychecks dictated by the outside temperature and season. The same care and attention go into Classic’s community involvement, whether they are funding a kindergarten field trip or installing a heating system for a struggling young family. When asked why they give back, Seth and Dane say they are only stewards of what they have been given and want to share it with others.
- Hospitality Heating and Air Conditioning, based in Rock Hill, South Carolina, demonstrates a deep commitment to the greater community and its employees. Founded 11 years ago by Gene Lucas, a former athlete and sports fan, Hospitality embraces a sports team mindset both in and out of the office—whether Gene’s motivating his work team or supporting the local high school. For example, employees who meet and exceed expectations are considered for employee of the year honors, which comes with a custom championship-style ring featuring Hospitality’s green and gold colors. Of the dealer’s numerous charitable initiatives, the largest emphasis is on those that provide students access to extracurricular activities, including sports programs. Lucas believes that these programs are necessary to keep youth active, teach them teamwork skills, and put them on a positive life trajectory.
- Keith Lawson Services in Tallahassee, Florida, is a multi-generational business that takes pride in the professional and personal growth of its team. Keith Lawson II follows in the footsteps of his father in cultivating a company that believes in caring for its employees. From teaching new job skills to broadening life skills like personal money management, Keith Lawson Services represents the thoughtfulness and dedication crucial to sustaining a loyal team. Those technicians, in turn, pride themselves in providing superior customer service, maintaining the mindset that the most important customer is the one standing in front of them and that they are there to offer, not sell, products.
The four winners of American Standard’s 2019 Building a Higher Standard awards will be honored with custom trophies, challenge coins, and lapel pins; a year of Customer Care membership; and will have their names printed on the Hall of Fame Trophy, which will be on display in Tyler, Texas. In addition, they will be the focus of local media campaigns with professional assets for their own use; receive earned and paid public relations in trade and regional media; and receive copies of print magazines with advertisements.
For more information about the American Standard’s Building a Higher Standard awards program, please visit https://americanstandardairdealers.com/hear-our-dealers-stories