The final four winners have been selected from 29 nominees for the 2019 American Standard Heating and Air Conditioning Building a Higher Standard Awards.
Those chosen to represent the brand in 2019 as best-in-class, independent American Standard dealers are
- B&W Plumbing & Heating, Speedway, Indiana
- Classic Heating & Air, McKinney, Texas
- Hospitality Heating and Air Conditioning, Rockhill, South Carolina
- Keith Lawson Services, LLC, Tallahassee, Florida
These four dealers were found to exemplify the brand’s core values by exhibiting a high level of integrity, generous community involvement, teamwork, and a focus on continuous improvement in the pursuit of excellence
“Our panel found it difficult to narrow the outstanding nominations to the Top Ten, six Semifinalists and, ultimately, the four Winners for the second year of this program,” said Kathryn Wildrick, American Standard brand manager. “Going forward, we are excited to share the stories of our 2019 honorees through videos and press releases and to honor them with awards dinners this fall.”
A panel of judges, including the four 2018 winners, rated the nominees from across the country based on the outstanding works, efforts and values described in the entries. Throughout the process, all identifying information was removed for each of the 29 entries, so the selections were anonymous.
The four winners will be honored with a custom trophy, challenge coins and lapel pins; a year of Customer Care membership; their name on the Hall of Fame Trophy – which will be on display in Tyler, Texas; a local media campaign with professional assets for their own use; earned and paid public relations in trade and regional media; decals/patches with the logo; and copies of print magazines with advertisements.
Wildrick encouraged those who did not win this year to consider entering again in 2020.
“We have so many outstanding dealers with great stories to tell,” she said. “I would hope that this year’s nominees, Top 10 and Semifinalists would consider resubmitting next year to share the rich details that make those dealerships so special.”
Also being recognized with desktop trophies are the six Semifinalists and the Top Ten entries. Nominees will receive a plaque to commemorate being part of the process.
- Island Airco, Eureka Springs, Arkansas
- Matco Services, Frisco, Texas
- Allied Comfort Pro, Medford, Oregon
- Wilson Bros HVAC, Pepperell, Massachusetts
- 128 Plumbing Heating Cooling and Electric, Wakefield, Massachusetts
- Island Air Conditioning and Heating, Orange Beach, Alabama
- A-1 Heating and Cooling, Parkersburg, West Virginia
- Air Concepts, Anaheim, California
- Airpro Air Conditioning & Heating, Houston, Texas
- E.Holbrooks, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Clarkson and Company, Marble Falls, Texas
- Garrison & Garrison, Huntsville, Alabama
- Gilleland Merkosky Services, Uniontown, Pennsylvania
- Hyde’s Air Conditioning, Indio, California
- Illiana Heating & Air Conditioning, Cedar Lake, Indiana
- JNL Climate Control, Hoffman Estates, Illinois
- Ken J. Buehner, Louisville, Kentucky
- McCrorie Heating, Kalispell, Montana
- Platt AC, Grapeland, Texas
- SoCal Airflow Pros, Santa Margarita, California
- South Suburban Heating & Air Conditioning, Lansing, Illinois
- Stanfield Air Systems, Athens, Georgia
- The Furnace Man, Bluefield, Virginia
- TR Miller Heating & Cooling, Plainfield, Illinois
- Triad Heating, Asheboro, North Carolina